Settling In and Some Complications
It’s finally finished! We finally completed the syllabus for this class and I’m rather happy with how it turned out. A few of the assignments I helped come up with made it to the finals stage, which makes me feel happy to have contributed in such a way that others wanted to take part. I’m very interested in all of the assignments chosen, because I’d like to put my interest in digital studies to work. This week was also the first week of student-lead discussions. While it was not my turn, I still found the entire process to be a lot more laid back than what I had originally thought. Although, I should have expected that. This isn’t the first class I’ve had with Dr. McClurken, and I found the discussions in HIST 329 enjoyable. This is just that, but with fewer people. Sadly I wasn’t able to attend the second class of the week due to the February Snowpocalypse, but I’m looking forward to being in class next week. We’re due to start our colorizing old photos project, which I’m excited for! I took photography for three years and actually support film over digital, so taking old prints and colorizing them is sure to be fun! I might even try the methods we use of some of my own prints later if they turn out well. I have plenty of old negatives and prints lying around that I’d probably have a blast. I’m also due to lead a discussion the week after next, so that’ll be interesting! I’ll need to start preparing materials in advance just to make sure all goes well!